Clover Hill Prestige Late Disgorged
This limited-release Late Disgorged Brut is the epitome of Clover Hill’s signature house style – a true combination of passion and patience.
The first Clover Hill sparkling wine, the 1995 vintage, was made entirely from chardonnay grown on our premium sparkling vineyard in the Pipers River region of Tasmania. With this wine’s success, the full complement of Champagne varieties was planted to produce an iconic sparkling wine. Today, when we have an exceptionally high-quality vintage, we draw on this experience to blend the Clover Hill Cuvee Prestige.
The finest parcels of Tasmanian fruit
A vibrant rich straw colour with a persistent fine bead are precursors to the refined and gentle foaming mousse. The wine displays an assortment of fresh lemon curd and brioche, developed almond and toasty characters.
Drinking beautifully now as it has evolved elegantly due to its extended time on lees and cork, this wine will continue its magnificent progression for years to come.
The 2006 vintage in Tasmania was dry and mild year, resulting in low yields but ripe and concentrated fruit. The dry grown vineyard with a longer than usual growing season combined to produced exceptionally high-quality sparkling base wine. The Brut was blended from 5 cuvées from our vineyard which was picked over six weeks due to the varied altitude and varietals.
All parcels were gently hand-picked, whole-bunch-pressed, fermented and underwent partial malolactic fermentation and batonnage in tanks. The wine was aged on lees in bottle for over 10 years prior to disgorging.
65% Chardonnay, 30% Pinot Noir, 5% Pinot Meunier
Dosage: Tasmanian Chardonnay aged in French oak foundres
Acid: 7.9 g/L pH: 3.29
Alcohol by volume: 12.5%
Residual Sugar: 9.5 g/L
Harvested: March – April 2006
Tiraged: January 2007
Disgorge Date: November 2017
Winemakers: Robert Heywood & Peter Warr
2006 Vintage (Brut)
- 96 points 2020 Halliday Wine Companion
- ‘Best of the Best’ with 94 Points James Halliday Top 100 Wines of 2018
- 94 points 2019 James Halliday Wine Companion
- 91 points and Runner up ‘Best sparkling of the year over $50’ 2018 Australian Sparkling Report
- Gold 2018 Australian Sparkling Wine Show
- 100 Top Release Wines with 96 points, in the February/March 2019 issue of Gourmet Traveller WINE
2005 Vintage (Blanc de Blancs)
- 96 points and Blanc de Blancs of the Year 2017 Australian Sparkling Report (Tyson Stelzer)
- Outstanding Gold 2017 International Wine & Spirit Challenge
- 96 points 2018 James Halliday Wine Companion
- 96 points Mar-17 Wine Business Magazine (Mike Bennie & Tyson Stelzer)
2010 EXCEPTIONELLE BLANC DE BLANCS
95 points & 1st Runner up in the Best Blanc de Blancs of the year in 2016
Chardonnay was where it all began for Clover Hill, and there is a tension and definition to this grape that defines the estate’s longest-lived wines to this day. At six years of age, this cuvée upholds a bright, medium straw hue. There’s intensity of grapefruit, lemon butter and even the exuberance of star fruit, amidst the toast and burnt butter of bottle age. In creamy texture, mouth filling intensity and undeviating line and length, this is a grand release for Clover Hill, with plenty of energy still coiled into its folds.