Clover Hill Vintage Brut
Clover Hill Vintage Brut Cuvée is an elegant wine with superb length. Truly capturing the essence of the cool climate of Tasmania, a highlight of Clover Hill is its structure and finesse. Clover Hill sparkling wine is sourced from pre-eminent vineyards in Tasmania, an area becoming acknowledged as the premier location for cool climate sparkling wine in Australia.
The finest parcels of Tasmanian fruit
With a light straw colour indicative of a chardonnay, this refined wine has developed a golden hue during its three years on tirage. In addition to its colour, this time has also resulted in a delicate bead with a persistent mousse. On the nose, it displays citrus and red berries, with a hint of toasted brioche. The palate is delicate and creamy, but driven by a natural acidity from a cool and extended growing season in Tasmania.
Delicate, with superb length, this wine will drink well now and age for up to ten years.
Clover Hill sparkling wine is sourced from pre-eminent vineyards in Tasmania, an area becoming acknowledged as the premier location for cool climate sparkling wine in Australia. Clover Hill’s first vintage was in 1991, which solely comprised chardonnay. Since 1994, the blend has evolved to include all three classic sparkling grapes, with pinot noir and pinot meunier added to attain the iconic style.
Clover Hill is created using traditional methods. Furthermore, portions of this wine have been aged in small-format french oak foudres and barriques to highlight the complexity that can be achieved by a sparkling house of this calibre.
63% Chardonnay, 31% Pinot Noir, 6% Pinot Meunier
Acid: 8.9 g/L pH: 3.25
Alcohol by volume: 12.5%
Residual Sugar: 11 g/L
Harvested: Harvested April 2013
Disgorged: September 2017
Winemakers: Robert Heywood & Peter Warr
- Top 100 wines James Halliday Top 100 Wines of 2018
- 100 Top Release Wines with 93 points, in the February/March 2019 issue of Gourmet Traveller WINE
- 95 points 2020 Halliday Wine Companion
- 95 Points James Halliday Top 100 Wines of 2018
- 95 Points 2019 Halliday Wine Companion
- 93 Points 2017 Huon Hooke Review
- 95 points / Gold 2019 Decanter World Wine awards
- 91 points and Runner up ‘Best Sparkling of the Year under $50’ 2018 Australian Sparkling Report
- 4 Stars 2019 Winestate Magazine (July/August 2019)
- 4 Stars Winestate Magazine – 2019 Southern Victoria Wine Show
- Gold 2019 Decanter World Wine Awards